I consider myself a Healthy Survivor. Yet I know I can do better in being my best self and living my best life. My New Year's resolutions provide a jump start to my efforts to get good care and live as fully as possible.
- Report symptoms in a timely and candid manner, even if thoughts and feelings tempt me to delay or deny a concern.
- Take steps to build resilience, such as getting adequate rest and exercise, using encouraging self-talk, and balancing realistic expectations with realistic hopes.
- Let go of past mistakes and missed opportunities (after reflecting on how to avoid repeating the same mistakes).
- Choose healing hope--hope that helps me take proper action and helps me wait when there's nothing more I can do.
- Notice others' kindness and express gratitude for it.
- Find small ways to celebrate every day.
The number "18" is symbolic of "living" and good luck. Happy 2018, everyone!